NUGENT has a proud past, dating back to its formation in 1963 by Michael Nugent. The business is now a 2nd Generation Family business with offices in Pomeroy, Belfast & Dublin. NUGENT carry out large, complex MEP engineering project works in GB, NI & ROI.
Our determination & focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including; Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Heritage, Hospitality & Leisure, Life Sciences & Residential through our Major Projects, Facilities Management & Specialist Projects divisions.
NUGENT directly employs over 100 people and indirectly over 300 people. Our people are the reason why we succeed & we continue to strive delivering exceptional services to our clients exceeding expectations.
The primary function of this role is to join the team as a Trainee Estimator for projects across GB, NI and ROI.
Working closely with our Commercial department you will be involved in numerous projects.
This project would be ideal for someone who has recently graduated as a Quantity Surveyor or similar.
Our Trainee Estimator will have the flexibility of working at the company’s Head Office in Pomeroy, Co. Tyrone or at our Belfast office, giving that they can work well at their own initiative. Ideally the Pomeroy Head Office.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the successful candidate will be a key member within our team ensuring the welfare of the individuals and projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Objectives of this Role
• Assisting with the preparing, and pricing of tenders for commercial mechanical contracts, seeing the tender through from initial enquiry to receipt of order.
• Learn the strategies and processes of the estimating department and follow them on every project.
• Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
• Understand and analyse mechanical drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
• Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
• Assist with tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secure.
• Build relationships with our customers to promote repeat business.
• Excellent attention to detail & communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Be able to demonstrate a mechanical / electrical technical knowledge
• Self motivated, with a can do approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
• Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
• Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills.
• Pride in the quality and presentation of work.
• Work well and confidently as part of a team.